Calling for cooperation:
Initiatives in type design & typography
Qassim Haider "Arabic Type Designer Artist" launch his initiative in: Type-design & Typography,,,
If you are an institute, educational institution, design company or an art gallery interested and competent in arts, graphic design or typography, so this initiative is targeting you.
Simply contact us on design[at]qtypography[dot]com
or fill out this form:
Get your workshop today in: Typography, Arabic Type-Design, Font Production & More... in your house institution,
for registration and booking please fill out this form:
• Target audience: Design companies, Advertising agencies, Institutes, Universities, Graphic Designers (as group)
• Note: This workshops are not targeting individuals directly, but targeting institutions and companies.
• For the institutions that are out of Bahrain they must provide Airline Tickets, Hotel Accommodation & Transportations.
By clicking on the register button you agree to our Terms & Conditions.
Main objectives of this workshop
Requirements and extra information
- To Reflect upon the beauty of Arabic calligraphy, typography and type-design.
- To be introduced to the techniques of combining Arabic calligraphy, typography and type-design with art and design.
- Define the usages of Arabic Calligraphy as a contemporary art form.
- Briefly look at the development of calligraphy throughout history, and propose methods to develop it.
- Explore closely the main forms and rules behind creating a successful typographical work such as: fonts, logos
- Exercise a real-life experiment to form a successful typographical work such as: fonts, logos and lettering for any product.
- To get started in type-design and production of functioning Arabic font using Glyphs & Glyphs Mini (The most popular font editors for creating fonts).
Terms & Conditions
- Participants should be proficient working on software like Adobe Illustrator, in a Mac environment.
- Participants should bring their own laptop to the workshop (minimum system Mac OS X 10.9).
- The participant should be prepared to work intensively, investing their own time outside of workshop timings.
- Copyright and all intellectual property rights in Workshops and materials remains the property of Qtypography & Qassim Haider.
- Participants are expressly forbidden from recording and sharing Workshop materials with non-Participants.
- By participating in a Workshop, you consent to qtypography & Qassim Haider using video recordings and screenshots from the Workshop, along with any quotes made by you, for marketing purposes.
- This offer is open for Arabic designers in GCC countries during 2018 - 2019.
- Every participant will be should bring the following tools and equipments: Personal laptop, with an installed version of Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 or later.