By clicking on the register button you agree to our Terms & Conditions.
Main objectives of this workshop
Requirements and extra information
- To Reflect upon the beauty of Arabic calligraphy, typography and type-design.
- To be introduced to the techniques of combining Arabic calligraphy, typography and type-design with art and design.
- Define the usages of Arabic Calligraphy as a contemporary art form.
- Briefly look at the development of calligraphy throughout history, and propose methods to develop it.
- Explore closely the main forms and rules behind creating a successful typographical work such as: fonts, logos
- Exercise a real-life experiment to form a successful typographical work such as: fonts, logos and lettering for any product.
- To get started in type-design and production of functioning Arabic font using Glyphs & Glyphs Mini (The most popular font editors for creating fonts).
Terms & Conditions
- Participants should be proficient working on software like Adobe Illustrator, in a Mac environment.
- Participants should bring their own laptop to the workshop (minimum system Mac OS X 10.9).
- The participant should be prepared to work intensively, investing their own time outside of workshop timings.
- Due to the compressed time and the nature of the workshops, there might be homework.
- The lectures and workshops will be in Arabic language.
- Copyright and all intellectual property rights in Workshops and materials remains the property of Qtypography & Qassim Haider.
- Participants are expressly forbidden from recording and sharing Workshop materials with non-Participants.
- By participating in a Workshop, you consent to qtypography & Qassim Haider using video recordings and screenshots from the Workshop, along with any quotes made by you, for marketing purposes.
- This offer is open for Arabic designers in GCC countries during 2018 - 2019.
- Every participant will be should bring the following tools and equipments: Personal laptop, with an installed version of Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 or later.